Pentax Adapter Ring?

krnpanda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I was referred here from another forum by a person trying to help me. My dad recently bought me a Vivitar 90-230mm tele Zoom lens. The problem is that I have a Pentax ZX-60 and am unable to use the lens because the vivitar lens is a bit smaller than the mount for my Pentax. I was wondering if anyone in these forums knew about some adapter ring that I could buy to fit the vivitar lens on my ZX-60 Body. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Lens makers will often put different mounts onto their lenses, allowing them to be used with different brands of cameras. It sounds like your Vivitar lens doens't have the Pentax mount. It may be possible to get a different mount for that lens, but maybe not.

Using an adaptor, if there is one, probably isn't the best option. There are two types of lens mount adapters. The first is without glass but they will probably cause you to loose the ability to focus at infinity. The 2nd type has a lens element to correct the focus, but then your image quality is subject to the quality of the adapter.

It's probably best to forget about this lens...maybe sell or trade it for a lens that is designed to fit your camera.

Odd, Unless the Vivitar is not a Pentax mount, It should fit. Vivitars QC and R&D is not sloppy. So I guess we need to find out what the mount on the vivitar is.

Take a shot of the back of the lens for me, if you can.

*EDIT*
Beaten to the punch during posting again :lmao:

If there is a camera shop near you, ( a real camera shop, not Ritz or Wolf ) take the lens in there, and see if they can identify it. It MAY have an M42 screw mount, and if that is the case, you can buy an adapter from Pentax so you can mount it on a K-Mount camera. if it is not M42, then I am sure the shop can tell you what mount it is.

Vivitars generally came in a number of different mounts... most likely the wrong mount. The PK mount is neither rare nor complex enough that any manufacturer would mess it up. My guess.... TX mount similar to that of Tamron's Adaptall. The concept is to make the mount interchangeable between different camera systems.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back