Pentax K100D Problems

Soppy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My K100D has been having a problem. If I hold the button down halfway to auto-focus, the flash tries to stay on like a flashlight until I let up or take a picture. I already broke the flash once as I wasn't sure what was happening. Luckily, the $200 repair was covered under warranty. Now I have it back and it is having the same symptoms. Could my flash setting be too high (is this even adjustable on my camera?) Thanks for the help.

is it dark? If it is, that's the autofocus assist. If not, something is busted.

is it dark? If it is, that's the autofocus assist. If not, something is busted.

Exactly, if you are in a poorly lit area, the flash will "assist" auto focus by illuminating the scene. If it does this in a brightly lit area, then something may be wrong.

it wasn't very dark, maybe slightly. and it flickers when it comes on. when the bulb actually popped (and nearly made me deaf) it was bright out though.

it wasn't very dark, maybe slightly. and it flickers when it comes on. when the bulb actually popped (and nearly made me deaf) it was bright out though.

That's never good! I would try to return it for another one. ASAP!

WOW! Yeah definitely return or exchange it if you can. If not, check for firmware updates.

ok, ill send it back in. they said the next step was to send me a new camera anyway. the warranty goes for a year after the service it so i have a while. i will try to do it soon.

Let's hope they can resolve it for ya, but I still think it may just be a focus assist. Does it do this in good lighting? I have a K110D which is the same as the K100D minus shake reduction, and in lower light it will do the same thing sometimes.

Most reactions

Back