Pentax P3N

six66picupstyxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello, i am new to this site and new to photography. I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to take long exposure pictures of fireworks, the highay, ect.

i found the camera manual and it says to set it on the "B" mode and I did, but the shutter speed still is about 1 second which isn't very long when trying to take a picture of a firework

Pentax P3n instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

thats the link to the manual and if anyone could help me it would be much appriciated, thank you.

For fireworks, I always use a tripod (seems self explanatory, but you never know), set it to bulb exposure, aperture about f/8, focus to infinity and then I generally use a cable release and the shutter is generally open between 1-4 seconds depending on how much of the firework and action I want to capture. Highway shots would be similar and depend on how much light you want to expose, but you would also find a focus point before opening the shutter.

i found the camera manual and it says to set it on the "B" mode and I did, but the shutter speed still is about 1 second which isn't very long when trying to take a picture of a firework

Awe.. I used to have one of those... I lost it... years ago...

If you set the shutter setting to "B", the shutter should be open as long as you hold the shutter button down. This should allow you to obtain longer than 1 second shutter speeds. Also use slower ISO film....

Most reactions

Back