pentax q mount adapters?

scythefwd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a couple of MD (minolta) lenses that I'm interested possibly using on my q10... anyone have any experience with the qmount adapters on ebay? I'm not expecting a ton, but if it works.. awesome.

Yes, I do understand everythign will be manual..

I can't vouch for Minolta, but I've used Q mount adapters for C mount, Canon EOS and old M42 lenses, and had good results with all of these. Obviously there's a big advantage to any lens where you can set the aperture manually.

The high pixel density of the Q sensors will show up weaknesses in a lens more than APS-C or full frame. A poor quality lens will appear very poor quality on the Qs.

i hear the adapters work well, though i have no first hand experience with these, i aim to try one out soon enough

I can tell you about Q-mount camera to C-Mount adapters on the Q-S1. Automatic metering and shutter speed work, subject to C-Mount lenses only having FULLY manual apertures (ie you are not working with an "opened" aperture to focus or compose). On the Q-S1, optical image stabilization (sensor shift) works, and is scaled to your focal length which is set when you turn on the camera. I do not expect this can work with a zoom unless the mount adapter you want to use has proper adapting electronics, which as far as I know, nobody makes. But think about it: Auto-shutter speed and actual working optical image stabilization with C-Mount lenses.

Most reactions

Back