People In Their Cars

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Maybe it's just a guy thing, but I love a car show. I've tried, over the years, to make good photos of some of these custom autos, but this year I decided to practice my street portraiture and asked car guys and gals to let me capture them in their rides. I shared one of my favorites in B&W here. What follows is my picks of the colorful auto aficionados. Captured hand-held, using my Nikon D810 and a Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD. All processing done in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop CC (2015), including the use of the Nik Collection.

Roy likes a car he can drive - a LOT. Even though he has a for-sale sign painted on the side, I don't think he has any intention of actually letting go of it. Captured at 65mm, f/3.2, 1/160s, ISO 800.
show-n-shine1606-14-1sm.jpg

Penny was a little nervous about agreeing to my request. She had only been dating the owner of this Chevy for a very short time and wasn't sure he would appreciate her just climbing in without him being in the driver's seat. When I said the passenger seat would be fine, she relented. Shot at 46mm, f/3.2, 1/400s, ISO 400.
show-n-shine1606-06sm.jpg

Kenny has had this Ford truck since high school. Still proud, but too proud to actually use the truck for work, as he has painted it to look like. Got this at 60mm, f/3.2, 1/200s, ISO 400.
show-n-shine1606-03sm.jpg

Your C&C is welcome.

Thanks,

Jim

Good idea. I attend a local show weekly and like to use a 16-35mm zoom for close ups or a 135mm prime on a tripod for cars moving. The idea of getting people in their cars I hadn't thought of.

The first is the best of the three in my opinion.

Most reactions

Back