Photo aging attempt

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I decided I'd give aging a go. How do you think I did? Any tips or suggestions? BTW, I wanted to add some random dust and a messy border, but I can't figure out how to do them successfully. *Feel free to edit and post* Thanks!

The original:
fog2.jpg

The "aged" version:
fog2aged3.jpg

I like your idea and you definetly are on the right track with the aging, IMO. I shall consult the Photoshop guru and see if I can't find some cool tips on aging a photo for ya. If they arent too complex maybe ill even take a stab at it myself.

I really like both shots Scott! (are these older or new shots?) You might try playing adding noise using a PS filter...but sometimes that looks awfully cheesy. As for an old frame I think there are a couple of decent ones on the adobe site where members share actions and plugins...I know of another as well, but the link is on my laptop so I'll have to post that whenver my laptop returns :)

I had a film grain layer, but I set the opacity pretty low because I didn't I didn't want to overdo the it.

And about the border... I've downloaded pretty much every border action known to man. The ones that I wanted to use were .psd files and not actions, and I had no idea how to size them to the exact specs I need for the shot. *shrugs* I'll work on it some more.

Alrighty, I did a search and found the link: http://www.atncentral.com/

Check out Marcia's Frame Actions, there are multiple ones listed, but I can't remember if that's the one...so you may have to check the others as well :)

Ok this is my take on it. I feel I kinda overdid it a bit with the brushing and the texture to make it look worn is at too high of opacity, but give me a break i just got photoshop yesterday and I did this in like 20 minutes. BTW I found some cool brushes if you want them which help give that faded/aged look. Send me a PM if your interested.

My Take:
new_by_Kilifila66.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back