Photo Background Question (Editing Related)

This may be a little out there but have you considered using double sided tape and pinning them to a wall so you can photograph them?

Thought about that too, but I'm still limited to whatever color wall I choose.

I do agree with the rest about taking pictures of them ON a gun...so you can get the full idea. However, if u could hang them somehow and get a nice full pic thatd be ever better I think. What about fishing line or something clear? May sound tacky---but u could attach it to the back with like a small piece of dbl sided tape---hang it from a clear line from some desired setting...and get a nice close up and fade the background... :) what do u think? Hope that makes sense, or helps.

So for whatever reason I like how this looks.. the orange plays nicely with this wood and looks clean cut and professional to me anyway?

orange.jpg

This may be a little out there but have you considered using double sided tape and pinning them to a wall so you can photograph them?

Thats where the editing would come in, but at least you could maybe fix the glare and all that. Sounds like you can take the picture from a distance if it were hanging up some place, then zoom in once they're uploaded.

After looking at the orange it makes me want to suggest getting a piece of fabric from a craft store to use as a background?

I just see how to get away from the wall color. You're limited with what your background color is going to be. And if you edit the image onto some other background, you really wouldn't be able to tell whether the image was shot vertically or horiztonally.

I even thought about going to Lowe's or Home Depot and buying a 12" square tile and using it for a background. Something like slate or marble or quartz. Just something different.

If I put the grips on the gun then it might be easier to get the gun to stand up so I could shoot horizontally. But I have a shiny silver gun and most people have black ones. So I think it will keep people from seeing the possibilities. Kind of like if you sold wheels for cars and your pictures were always of the same color vehicle, people with different color vehicles may have a hard time imagining what it would look like on theirs.

The orange looks much better than the white for sure! I had been imagining one background that would be neutral enough to look good for anything but still more eye-catching than plain white or black. I agree that picking different backgrounds to compliment each different set would be the best, but I don't know if I would have enough time to do that.

I just see how to get away from the wall color. You're limited with what your background color is going to be. And if you edit the image onto some other background, you really wouldn't be able to tell whether the image was shot vertically or horiztonally.

I even thought about going to Lowe's or Home Depot and buying a 12" square tile and using it for a background. Something like slate or marble or quartz. Just something different.

If I put the grips on the gun then it might be easier to get the gun to stand up so I could shoot horizontally. But I have a shiny silver gun and most people have black ones. So I think it will keep people from seeing the possibilities. Kind of like if you sold wheels for cars and your pictures were always of the same color vehicle, people with different color vehicles may have a hard time imagining what it would look like on theirs.

Patterns for backgrounds can be downloaded, I have a marble saved in my photoshop but its not the most appealing marble I've seen and it didn't look right under that particular piece I was toying with. Kind of sounds like its time for trial and error.. To be honest what the competitor has beneath theirs looks like tile, so its possible thats exactly what they did.

The orange looks much better than the white for sure! I had been imagining one background that would be neutral enough to look good for anything but still more eye-catching than plain white or black. I agree that picking different backgrounds to compliment each different set would be the best, but I don't know if I would have enough time to do that.

The orange I did is a pattern where the color can be easily changed. I don't have a clue as to how many different woods you have but if you could figure out how to do what I did in gimp, all you need is maybe a handful of backgrounds that could easily be swapped in and out. Any wood near the color of that one I did would probably look nice against the orange..

How out this, I go to Lowe's and buy a couple different pieces of tile and take some pictures and post them. We find one that looks best and go from there.

I'd still like to figure out how to get the shiny spots from the flash to go away and just generally make the picture look better.

How out this, I go to Lowe's and buy a couple different pieces of tile and take some pictures and post them. We find one that looks best and go from there.

I'd still like to figure out how to get the shiny spots from the flash to go away and just generally make the picture look better.

Do you have to take photo with flash? Can you not photograph in a well lit area and not have a flash going? I agree getting rid of the flash would make a big difference. Also, the competitor photo you showed looks like they didn't take the photo as an overhead, but rather slightly on the eye level side is best I can attempt to explain.. Kinda like they were standing over it, and took a step or two back?

Tiles sound easy, and quite possibly a good option especially since you aren't a photoshop kinda person.

I'd encourage you to look for warm tiles with some texture. The orange seriously looks good, way better than their neutral tan! lol

I will keep my eye out for some "warm orange" tiles.

And it's not that I'm not a photoshop person, I just have never messed with it. If it means that I can make my pictures look a lot more professional, then I'm certainly open to getting some decent software and learning.

I will keep my eye out for some "warm orange" tiles.

And it's not that I'm not a photoshop person, I just have never messed with it. If it means that I can make my pictures look a lot more professional, then I'm certainly open to getting some decent software and learning.

When you take pictures later on your tiles I'll mess with the photos to see if theres anything that can be done in photoshop thats appealing to you. Sometimes tiny little edits make all the difference in the world.

Okay, here we go. I got three different colored tile samples. Finding an orange was pretty much impossible, but I got as close as I could. Here's what I shot.

P2040053.jpg

P2040061.jpg

P2040065.jpg

Thats where the editing would come in, but at least you could maybe fix the glare and all that. Sounds like you can take the picture from a distance if it were hanging up some place, then zoom in once they're uploaded.
You could Double side sticky tape them to something standing up on a printed background?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back