Photo Editing challenge: What can you salvage out of this?

Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So in another thread, John and Sharon suggested a challenge like this would be interesting for this image. Shot in Jpeg, horrible exposure at 1200mm, ISO 400, 1/50 shutter speed shot with a point and shoot; not the ideal scenario to start the editing to say the least!
So here goes, let's see what the members can come up with.

Attachments

• IMG_7203.JPG
    IMG_7203.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
I think the clear winner so far is @runnah, I mean who'll fight a pirate kite? :lol:

@The_Traveler: Lew, I think we went for a similar style, either that or you were trying to show me a better crop with my older version.. The cropped version does look much better IMO.

Here's my version in case you didn't notice:
16363553016_04cb7bf28f_o_d.jpg

@smithdan, I kind of like your version too (ignoring the purple fringes).. You kind of overdid the eyes a bit though :icon_cyclops_ani:

Last edited:
wow!! This is actually pretty good @Forkie.. I really didn't think a result this pretty would be possible for this one.

:lol: No news yet, but Ericsson is known to be a bit slow in it's recruiting process, especially so for senior positions. But you'd be the first to know as soon as I get a word. :allteeth:
TBH the way the interview went, I'd be surprised if I didn't get selected..whether we are able to settle during the salary negotiations is a different issue! :345:

wow!! This is actually pretty good @Forkie.. I really didn't think a result this pretty would be possible for this one.

Hehe, thanks! Apart from the colouring, I tried to fake some shallow DoF to make the bird itself appear a bit sharper than it really is, but I kind of messed up on the back wing. I didn't notice until afterwards that its beak is actually behind the wing, so the blur on it doesn't really make sense!

Oh well - it was fun!

Hehe, thanks! Apart from the colouring, I tried to fake some shallow DoF to make the bird itself appear a bit sharper than it really is, but I kind of messed up on the back wing. I didn't notice until afterwards that its beak is actually behind the wing, so the blur on it doesn't really make sense!

Oh well - it was fun!
I did notice that, but this gives the idea of what's possible with a messed up image like this one, which was the intent rather than getting a great finished product. Blurring the wings really works here, the only thing that bugged me much was the artificial blurring of the branch, but I get the idea. :)

Most reactions

Back