I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone use a photo vest? I like the idea but I'd like to hear some opinions.

I'm thinking it would be great for hikes or just any time your out walking around and want to carry more than just a camera with one lens. Even for shooting a wedding when you want quick access to your gear.

Ideally I'd like a nice big photo backpack but that's more for carrying rather than when you are actually shooting.

Mike, I have a cotton one I bought off ebay that I've used for over a year now. It works great, but I'm going to upgrade because the pockets are too small.

I was initially looking at this vest, but now I think I'm going to go with the Lowepro Field & Street system.

Using a Toploader 75 AW as the base and adding the deluxe belt and the vest seems like a better deal, as it's modular. Carry what you need, when you need it.

I do have a Crumpler Shrinkle photo/computer backpack for when I'm going on planes, but I don't carry it around all the time.

Good thing about hte vest is it makes you look professional, so it could help some people out that way where otherwise they may get problems from law enforcement or something.

What do you guys recommend for carrying an slr around? For like walking around town, or through the forest. I dont want to have it around my neck since it bounces, but I dont like backpacks, using them on one shoulder hurts that arm after a while, and I just feel stupid having it on both arms. :0)

Thanks Jim,

Gerry, as Jim mentioned, there are modular belt & waist pack systems. Check Lowepro.com This would be a nice way to carry around one SLR.

There are also sling packs. They are like a back pack with one strap so you can swing it around and open it while wearing it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back