Photographers Trampled Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was reading this article the other day on PetaPixel about these photographers who decided to ignore the signs and walk all over Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone.

This really irritates me when some photographers do this, it's really douchy of them. They didn't get away though, some went to jail and all got decently sized fines. But some would argue they should've been stiffer. Maybe they learned their lesson, but probably not.

People suck.

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/23/men-trampled-prismatic-spring-sentenced-get-fines-2-go-jail/

Wow what jerks. I really can't stand people who think the rules are for everyone else. Glad to see they got fined and some jail time for a few. If their punishments will be enough to deter others only time will tell. Making this story more public should help. That article is the first I've heard of the incident.

Glad to see they got fined and some jail time for a few. If their punishments will be enough to deter others only time will tell.
One deadly hazard is breaking into a hole filled with boiling water. Some people don't bother reading any of the warning signs.

The warning signs are there to not just protect the park, but you as well. Some people just don't understand...

I keep wondering about the animals that walk all over the ground there. Sometimes one falls through and gets cooked, but that doesn't seem to frighten the others away.

I suspect Gary's remark was made tongue-in-cheek - note the emoticon.

Many people act as if signs are like this:

Stay On The Path!
(Except You)

Yield
(Except You)

No Trespassing
(Except You)

I read about this and the one punishment I would have done since they are Canadian (I am as well), put them on the US no fly list. Then you'll never have to worry about them in the US ever again.
My son and I won't even go on someones from lawn without knocking on the door to ask permission so it really pisses me off when some asshat screws things up for others.

Last edited:
One of my other hobbies is metal detecting. I am always amazed at the property owners that thank me for asking permission as if they see people NOT
asking permission more. What happened to consideration and respect? I made my daughter's young friend apologize to our neighbor because she was walking across his lawn to come to our house. I told her if she could not walk down the public sidewalks and streets to come to my home, she wasn't welcome. I think that was the last time she came:clap:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back