Photos at a Baseball Game C & C Please

wjchiefs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am Using a Nikon d60 with a nikon 18-55m 1:3.5*5.6G Lens I am hoping to get a better lens soon.

Let me know what you think
015-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

they're underexposed and no action going on...which is a turn off when taking pictures at a sporting event

Either open the aperture, up the iso, or slow the shutter speed. The latter of the three would be your last ditch effort, because it can kill a good action shot. you want to shoot at prob 1/250th or faster. Also, you could shoot in raw and up the lighting in post-processing.

Use a wider aperture, or a slower shutter speed, or a higher ISO.

Those are the 3 things that control an exposure. There are 6 combination sof those settings that will give you a good excposure but only one of those 6 combinations is the right artistic exposure.

A photographer named Bryan Peterson wrote an inexpensive but very popular book dedicated to that very notion: Understanding Exposure.

The holy grail in sports photography is capturing sharply focused and properly exposed action where the athlete(s) have interesting facial expressions.

if you have a sports mode on your camera, use that. sports is pretty much the only thing i don't use manual mode for. the sports feature works very well on my nikon, so it shouldn't be different with yours

if you have a sports mode on your camera, use that. sports is pretty much the only thing i don't use manual mode for. the sports feature works very well on my nikon, so it shouldn't be different with yours

Don't use sports mode it's rubbish,use aperture priority for field sports

Most reactions

Back