Photos from my Holiday in Malaysia

chris12345

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi
THis is my first post in this forum, ive been lurking in it for a while

Here are some photos I took when I was there, these are my favorites from the reel I have developed...

Buddas
cnv000196do.jpg

Shops in Georgetown
cnv000371tt.jpg

Bananas
cnv00027flipped7py.jpg

Incense
cnv00013flipped9zl.jpg

This is a p+s one I took for my mum but I quite like how it came out
cnv000170lq.jpg

Tiger thing at temple
cnv000157gh.jpg

Smoking Hat
cnv000051vx.jpg

Ok... so maybe I took to many Buddas
cnv00018flipped6gx.jpg

I couldnt get a full on front angle of it which sucks but I still kinda like it
cnv000344sz.jpg

Thats all for now... I've got a couple of panaroma's I gotta stich together and another reell I gotta get scanned...

Could you please tell me if you like them or not and what I should do and what mistakes I'm making as I'm quite new to photography...
Thanks for your comments :)

Happy new year everyone... I'm jetlagged so I can't go out :(

nice pictures. they seem a bit too bright though.

Could you please tell me if you like them or not and what I should do and what mistakes I'm making as I'm quite new to photography...
I'm new to photography too but that doesn't stop me from making a fool of myself :D
I think i drank too much... :drunk: :bounce: :crazy:

Thanks, do you mean too bright as in my apeture is too far open or like to bright when they are developed or something?

Tiger thing at temple, looks a bit too bright. The others are fine in my opinion. Can't see the top two though. Just says "Image"

Yeah a few of them seem a bit bright, but still nice shots none-the-less. What kind of equipment are you shooting with?

wow...

I been there this summer....It's a beautiful place
I like it ,and your PHOTO too
Good shot!
But too many Chinese less Malayan...
Would you please show us the culture of Malayan more?
THX

Thanks for all the responses :)

I will try and drop the exposure abit in future

As for equipment I'm using a canon 500n with a 35-80 lens thats jammed in between 55 and 80mm and the focus and zoom rings functions have been reversed :? I shot it on 35mm Fujifilm ISO 200 and had it scanned in by boots.
Unfortunatly the majority of the pictures I took only show the Chinese culture as Penang where I visited is mainly Chinese with some Indian and only a few malays...

Thanks again :)

Thanks, do you mean too bright as in my apeture is too far open or like to bright when they are developed or something?

I dont know bout film or scanning so I cant comment on that. but yeah, it could be aperture. generally I can tell whether I like a picture within the first few glances and most of the time I can come up with the reasons why I like em. after awhile I found I prefer darker pictures. of all your pics, the ones that bother me the most are the temple ones. I d/l a few and adjusted them in photoshop and they look much better. again that's just my personal preference.

yeah I tried that but I suck at using photoshop... do you mind telling me a site with a tutorial on it... whenever I darken the pictures I lose all of the colour and detail

Thanks

yeah I tried that but I suck at using photoshop... do you mind telling me a site with a tutorial on it... whenever I darken the pictures I lose all of the colour and detail

under the "image" menu then "adjustments", you'll find the "level" command which will let you darken or lighten the picture. there other ways but that's the easiest.

and this site has some tutorials, http://www.luminous-landscape.com/
good luck :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back