Photoshop Tutorials?

yogibear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any websites or books that anyone can recommend to start learning the basics of photoshop? Becoming increasingly apparent that i need to learn this program in order to score a decent internship next summer. As if i dont spend enough time reading and studying photography... whats one more aspect right!?

Throw them at me people!

THIS is a pretty good Photoshop forum but if you do a Google search for 'Photoshop+tutorial', you will have a few years worth of good reading.

Perfect! Thanks Big Mike :D Now i have 6 months to finish it!

Awesome! Ill see if the local book shop can pick me up a copy. Great resources so far. Thank you for the help both of you.

Last edited:
What exactly do you need to know - because Photoshop is really several programs in one. Most here will only ever use the tools the aid in photo retouching, while others get into the full original graphic art design. Going into Photoshop trying to "master" the program is the perfect way to fail.

if you're looking for something in particular, try pixel2life.com

they have a lot of stuff and it's pretty easy to find what you're looking for

yogibear,

which version of PS do you have?

i have that book for PSC2 that i was going to post on ebay.

I have no intention of 'Mastering' anything without years of practice. I'm aiming more towards photo retouching. Graphic Design maybe someday, but that would be an alternative use for me.

Thanks Goodoneian, good link. I used to use them when i was working on flash websites. Totally forgot about it.

Ann: i currently have been given the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection. (Good friend right!?) And i have no clue what I'm doing on it. Probably waaay too much program for me but he was no longer using it. Here's to learning :D

Last edited:
That's a strong statement don't you think?

Not at all. There are BIBLES that only focus on maybe 5% of what Photoshop is able to do. I would question anyone who is going to beat themselves up trying to master the ins and way outs of Photoshop. I'm not saying its impossible, but doesn't seem practical. It is much better for someone to target in on what they are going to use PS, and then focus on books, online tutorials that have that in mind.

I'm aiming more towards photo retouching. Graphic Design maybe someday, but that would be an alternative use for me.

I would recommend any Lynda.com instructional video on Color Correction, Margulis "Photoshop Lab Color: The Canyon Conundrum" and any well reviewed Photoshop for Photographers book.

I just picked up a book called Photoshop for Dummies, its like 9 books in 1 and explains everything you could imagine. There are also plenty of other books out there that actually come with CD's to show you how everything is done. Also, this site www.tutorialized.com is pretty good. You kinda have to go through the pages to find what you want, but I found some cool stuff on the site to do with my pics that I wouldnt normally have done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back