Photoshop

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi
i just got a new computer (dell and yes...it has vista, no arguing about how i should have gotten a mac, i wanted to but, the one i wanted was 3500 and i got an equivalent pc for 1500)
i got photoshop elements 5 and premier elements 3.0 with it. I've never used photoshop before. It seems a daunting task to learn all.
i am wondering if there are good web sites to learn from or a good book that i can pick up and plow through. i searched the forum but didnt find anything relevant. so suggestions?

Just so you know Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Photoshop Elements are two very different products. There's some good tutorials here:

/EDIT: Link removed. Wrong site, and can't find the right one :(

Theyre not so much different, as Elements is the totally stripped down version of Photoshop CS. I say use Elements to get familiar with how things are laid out, and then move on to PS CS (if you can find it cheap enough).

And theres not a single thing wrong with Dells. Youll find them rated as high as Mac's by PROFESSIONAL (read: nonbiased) computer magazines/websites.

I have Elements 5 and in the instruction booklet that came with it it had a place you could go online with tutorials. However, most of the stuff that I have learned was just from having to use it. I learned most of the basics from the tutorials, but I just messed around with it until I got the hang of the program. That being said if you have any questions on how Elements 5 works PM me... I would love to try to help out.

Try Google'ing "Photoshop tutorials".

You can also try www.good-tutorials.com

I'd say start with Levels, Curves, Cropping and then Layers and Blending Options. If you need specific help with this stuff PM me.

Elements for dummies is a good place to start. Also ask around for a local camera club. Most folks in a club will be willing to help. You might also check a local community college for Photoshop classes.

go to the adobe forums, they have lots of useful information from people who know what they are doing, and also post some tutorials.

another good site is www.creativecow.net loads of tutorials on all the adobe products, some video ones too, dunno how many there are for photoshop like, i mainly use the after effects ones.

hope this helps :)

Most reactions

Back