picture at a graduation

chrisu002

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_4690.jpg

I'm really having trouble with this one....

The top of the photo with the people in the background is a little distracting to me I think. I want to focus more on the musician and what he is doing, but the rest of the surrounding area keeps me from really focusing on him. The hard part is that you need some of that background to really tell the story about what exactly he is a part of.

I'd be interested to hear others opinions on this one.

i agree, but the distraction for me are the instruments. if the intended focus is on what he's doing, the brass is prohibiting us from having a clear view. i think the inclusion of the brass was important, but possibly arranged differently.

anyone else?

I agree with Jon here. Although the background is blown out and a tad distracting, the instruments seem to be the subject due to the focusing on them and the blurriness on the person and the music. I guess I'm on the exposure kick today but I think it would be better suited if it were a little darker and if you had some fill flash on the person. Good eye though because I don't think I could've caught this picture if I were walking around it.

my focal point is kind of two parted, i wanted the instruments to bring you in and them have the musician steal you focus, i wanyed to blur the ackgroun more but i just couldn't

chrisu002 said:
my focal point is kind of two parted, i wanted the instruments to bring you in and them have the musician steal you focus, i wanyed to blur the ackgroun more but i just couldn't

you've got my curiousity going now :mrgreen:

what do you think limited your ability to blur the background?

JonMikal said:
you've got my curiousity going now :mrgreen:

what do you think limited your ability to blur the background?

i didnt have enought focal lenth to blurr the background and there where to many people to my my back so i couldnt move back to focus the the subject and blurr the backgroung more, well thats the best i can explain it

chrisu002 said:
i didnt have enought focal lenth to blurr the background and there where to many people to my my back so i couldnt move back to focus the the subject and blurr the backgroung more, well thats the best i can explain it

your explanation was fine. i'll send you a PM.

hmm I like this shot... I like your choice of dof and I really like the background. It makes the specific atmospheare... empty chairs and a musician preparing himself as a main subject here... very nice for me

Most reactions

New Topics

Back