Picture resolution smaller

rog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody, my name is Mike and I am new to this forum.

I have a lot of pictures in my PC and I want to make the resolution smaller. Is there a way to make the resolutions smaller for these pictures in my PC.

I could re-scan them at 75 ppi as they are also on photo paper but that would take a long time.

Thanks

Yes, there is. :)

What photo editing/viewing software do you have?

I'm pretty sure that even Windows Photo Viewer can resize images...

Josh: I have 3 programs, WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX VIEWER and MICROSOFT OFFICE PICTURE MANAGER and HP PHOTOSMART PREMIER.

That will be great if you can help Josh, Thanks again even if you can't.

Mike.

OK, all three of those can probably do it. I don't have Windows Picture & Fax viewer, or the HP program on this computer though.

Here's how you do it in Microsoft Office Picture Manager:

Open your photo in the program.
On the menu at the top, go to 'Picture', then 'Resize'.
This should open up a little sidebar where you can enter dimensions.
It has a few presets that you can choose from, or you can enter custom dimensions.

If you do the custom size, even though it doesn't look like it at first glance, it will stay the same aspect ratio.
If you look down at the bottom, where it says 'Original Size'...'New Size', the new size keeps the original ratio.

The box where you type the size in doesn't though...so at first it makes you think something is wrong. It's not though.

Hope that helps.

If you want to do them all at the same time, and you don't want to purchase Photo management software like Adobe Lightroom, or Apples Aperture, there are plenty of free options, you just need to learn how to use them (and its not hard).

I use Adobe Lightroom at home, but for quick imports at work, I use this FREE program from Microsoft; http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto/downloads/tools.aspx.

You can export the selected images to specific sizes, and supports "Long-edge" sizing. It also will handle RAW and DNG, not to shabby for a simple conversion/resizing tool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back