Pictures at work. All the C/C you got, please!

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these this morning it was a nice overcast day. Minimal PP only in Aperture, taken with D90 and 17-55 f2.8 nikkor. I'm sure with that lens, they probably should have come out better. I'd love to hear any and all comments.

thanks.

DSC_2370.jpg

DSC_2375.jpg

They do look pretty soft, did you do any sharpening from RAW, or were they shot in jpeg?

They are raw. Do i have to manually sharpen?

As far as I understand, there is absolutely no sharpening applied to a RAW image automatically, and you really need to add some - all in-camera jpegs are sharpened to some degree.

Wow, Fokker Thank you!

I sharpen all of mine and was starting to wonder if it was my camera. However I shoot everything in RAW

:lol: Don't beat yourself up man. Do some sharpening and post results. Leave up the old ones as well for comparison.

truthfully from what I can tell the second one isn't that bad (sharpness wise) at least not at the image size you posted.

I am curious why you were shooting at f/18 though. I suppose it was to have an extremely deep DOF, but that will cost you some sharpness (typically over say f/11ish starts to cost IQ)

well I maxed out the sharpening in aperture, they don't look any different to me... maybe I just used too closed an f stop???

DSC_2370-1.jpg

DSC_2375-1.jpg

Not a huge difference, but noticeable.

I'm not sure what the sharpening is like in lightroom, but in photoshop there are a few different sharpening options you can use, which produce varying results. Also as mentioned, shooting at f/18 will cost you some sharpness, though I have no idea how severe this dropoff in sharpness is at higher f numbers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back