pictures filtering

almazlamaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi,
i have 20 000 pictures in different folders, sub folders, etc etc.

how do i filter out pictures that have more pixels in x axis than i y axis ?

i need to take those to different folder, any ideas ?

hmm I'm not sure exactly but try acdsee the newest version... I used it to store my photos and it had some usefull options. It has something like this: View/Sort/More and then a small window apperas where I can sort photos for example by their width (f.e. wider first)

Write a little app in some programming language if you know any that recursively looks through the file structure and picks any files out meeting said criteria. .NET's GDI would work perfectly.

or

Do what mentos_007 suggests. I haven't tried it myself but it sounds like it should work.

actually with acdsee you'll have a bit of work too. when you sort the images then you've to move them manualy to the other folder but at least, you have them sorted

well,
i dont have problem sorting pictures in one folder,
but when i have 500 (or m ore) folders, subfolders it does not look atractive to move eveyrything manualy .... :confused: :confused:

SLOShooter said:
Write a little app in some programming language if you know any that recursively looks through the file structure and picks any files out meeting said criteria. .NET's GDI would work perfectly.
work.

If you want to write your own utility, you could also google for the libexif library. You could write a very simple C program that uses libexif to extract the ExifImageWidth and ExifImageHeight tags. I would be surprised if some little command-line utility doesn't already exist that does this.

Most reactions

Back