jeffie7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thought I'd share.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

brushing.jpg

Nothing like pissing your gf off by shooting her when shes trying to get ready for bed.

Last edited:
I love the toothbrush pic. Very real. Your pictures seem a little out of focus and a little dark (but I'm no expert). Cute girl.

all of these could benefit with a little bit longer exposure. :) they look about 1 stop under to me :)

rian

im also seeing them a bit soft...but the last one is def my fave....very raw and real.

I like the 1st and the 4th, the 2nd and 3rd look too posed, but there's something about that why are you shooting me right now look and WTF I'm brushing my teeth do you mind?

hehe

I agree with the focus being a bit soft in some of them. I think they look ok on my monitor though but number three and four show a different color. Might be the white balance difference of the lights in the room.

I find the backgrounds distracting. A nice flat wall would have been better. At least she had a go and you will both benefit from the experience for next time.

I find the backgrounds distracting. A nice flat wall would have been better. At least she had a go and you will both benefit from the experience for next time.

I agree, however living in a town house and shooting with an 80mm lens isn't making the background choices easy. =)

For the people pointing out the exposure being a bit dark, should I fix that in photoshop, or slow my cam down just a bit, I have a lot of issues even shooting at 1.8 indoors where I have blur, I try to limit myself to 400 ISO but find myself getting annoyed with the blur and bumping it up to 800.

I agree, they need more lighting, especially on her face! I cannot see her eyes.

Tad underexposed, and the white balance is off in the first three.

You can fix it all in post, though you want to get to where you don't have to do any post at all.

What is the best way to get a good white balance straight off the camera? I always end up having very "warm" pictures that do not look real (color wise) at all, I always need to add a lot of white balance to the pictures.

2.jpg

No editing other then resizing, the walls are a slightly off white yet they almost always look tan.

One thing I do plan on getting is a Canon 430ex hopefully when shooting indoors bouncing light will help with my lighting issues since I don't really have a good source of light in the house.

I'd love to get some wireless flash/umbrellas/stands but at this point I really need to learn more so the basics of getting the light right without the need of lights.

Most of my shooting has been of cars/bikes, indoor human stuff sure does take a lot more work!

That's because shes Asian, oh snap!

lol

=)

Actually, I LOL'd at your joke, but she does have big gorgeous eyes for an Asian, so you should really enhance them... I think that was the basis for the comment..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back