Pin-ups

crayolamarker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.loganfessler.com
I got my new lens in the mail yesterday (Nikon 17-55mm) and got a call from my ex wanting to do some pin-up photos. Heres a few from that shoot.
4856be4d.jpg

f5e0acfd.jpg

36ea944d.jpg

06f0aefc.jpg

4218a418.jpg

abf76108.jpg

c2efd08e.jpg

Let me know what you think.

They remind of a coke a cola model lol... Just because of the colors I Guess.. However, she looks very comfortable with what she is doing.. And when that happens U get some great photos.. Great job!

She is a fabulous model! And I love the outfits. She did great! :thumbup:

I don't know your lighting setup, but it seems you are lacking even lighting. If this was intentional, that's fine, but the stronger right-hand lighting is casting shadows that I find a mite distracting. (#s 5-7 are the exceptions)

Overall, they are good. I am betting this was a fun shoot! :)

Cool shots!

I agree with Terri that the light could use a little work. In several of the cases, just having her face the other way would help, so that she would have the light fall on front of her rather than her back. I'd also like to see a litter lower angle on several of them, so that you are more eye-level with her.

I really like her look and her posing. She seems a natural at this and is very beautiful.

Wow! Did she pose like that all on her own or did you help her a lot? I wish I had a model like that to work with. These are very cute!

You did an awesom job and she's a great model. I think your white balance is off. She seems a little blue.

If the poses where your idea... WTG... I think all the poses are great but I agree with the above cropping and lighting comment. Great job.

If you did those in B&W, they would sure look like the old pin-ups of the WW2 era. If you have ever seen old copies of "Yank" magazine they look just like those.

Great job!

Yeah the background I was using was quite small, so I had to be a little tight on some shots. I have a pretty cheap light set up and my left light was only wanting to fire some of the time. Makes me want to get some continuous lighting.
Here's some other photos I did of her to look vintage awhile back. Sorry for the size.
BM1.jpg

kd.jpg

ok.jpg

I LOVE pin ups like these! The whole Varga Girls theme etc is something I want to try one day (soon I hope, pending suitable models and access to studio & equipment etc).

Photos 2, 4 and 5 are my favourite out of these. I do agree with others opinions that there are some shots that are cropped a little tight. The lighting in these aren't doing it for me really but you are on the right track with the style of shots, poses, model etc. Wondering if perhaps a different colored background, like a bright white or a black background, would work better for your theme here? The greyish toned background dulls things down, in my opinion anyway. The cheerful and flamboyant style of a pin-up/varga girl needs more oomph.

I really like your other series with this same woman. What a great model by the way! Does she do this as a profession, normally?

I can't say it any better than Lumi did! I definitely agree a different background would help. Really fun poses!

Most reactions

Back