Pink skin when I use flash

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Why? Do I need to lower WB or is my flash just to close? Thanks!

Without flash
1805123771_580a744874.jpg

With flash
1805973902_80b9f69c60.jpg

The first one is too yellow (from most likely tungsten lights) and the second is just about right.

I don't know if this applies in this case but indoor lighting can influence your lighting from windows as well.

OOOps.

Here is a color balanced look at the first shot...
1805123771_580a744874.jpg

Still not the same as having the flash overpowering everything else in it but you can see the difference.

Still, your shot with flash is better. I think what you need to do is to boost the saturation slightly, and also adjust your levels a little bit.

Really? And see I like the first shot hmm... FYI there were no other lights on in the room. Maybe my WB was to high? It was 5600 with the natural light.
Interesting, thank you for the input!

What time of day was it? The color temp of daylight varies a lot both due to clouds (more blue) and time (more yellow early and late). A flash is constant and set to somewhere near Noon time.

It was about 4pm. Very overcast.

But then again we still have smoke around here from the fires. I wonder if thats effecting it more.

Okay, the kids cute, we all can say that. The lighting issues can be resolved by those that are much more knowldegable than I.

What does the rest of the shirt say? "i'm so cute it's s........" WHAT?

You will prefer the first shot as a hint of yellow makes the shot appear warmer, a lot of photographers will add yellow to a very white skinned subject as its not noticeable to the untrained eye and gives the subject a slightly healthier looking portrait. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back