placing another person in a group photo in photoshop (when the image/person appears smaller)

mstandefer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

I have used photoshop to copy and paste another object using the lasso tool. But what about when the image you're copying from is smaller? The file is 1.2 MB, which I assumed is around the same size as the original. But when I copy and paste it the dude is TINY.

Thanks for any tips/ advice... feel free to edit....
Frangroup.jpg
Frangroup-2.jpg

We're gonna need the original image of the second shot. It's only 1452 pixels tall compared to the group shot, which is over twice that.

Also, the shot is out of focus and the color and lighting are different. It's gonna be a fight to make it look acceptable.

I knew this was going to be a pain. It's for a lady that wants Christmas cards made.

Maybe I could make the original image smaller like the second one? She could make it black and white so it looks less photoshopped. I let her know it's not going to look perfect.

This is the image she sent: (now that I see the size, maybe this is the right one)

Attachments

• IMG_2483.jpg
    IMG_2483.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 212
That's the same size. Yes, you can scale the group photo down to match this one. But sorry to say, but he's going to sick out like a sore thumb.

Size is NOT the size the file takes up in memory. Size is the number of pixels in the image. The group shot is 4810 x 3207. The other is 1038 x 1452.

Its like taping a 4x5 onto an 8x10 print.

And here is what that would look like:

FrangroupEdit DontWork.jpg

As it is the light direction and quality of each image is quite poor. The group shot is at least a full stop under exposed.
If he were scaled up he would be seriously pixelated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back