Playing on the freeway

///Matt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C/C welcome!

3-1.jpg

Could it be you chose too wide an aperture for this?
The stars in the sky are a nice extra, but I am totally put off by the bright (very hot) lights on the left. They take away a lot.
So do the splodges of street lights due to the open aperture (I think - matter of tastes, I suppose).

It certainly could have been too wide an aperture. The problem here is that in order to get the sky exposed, I had to have my most wide apertuer (f2.3) and my longest non-bulb exposure (15 sec). If I stopped down, i couldn't shoot long enough to catch the sky. =(

Hello is it a dragster passing on the highway ? :mrgreen:
Ok this light is just blinding and makes your picture not very nice.
Maybe you should not post 15 pictures of yours in 4 posts in just 10 mins if you really want to receive comments, that just my opinion because it floods too much the forum, but I am just user not administrator so take it as you want :)
Mat

It certainly could have been too wide an aperture. The problem here is that in order to get the sky exposed, I had to have my most wide apertuer (f2.3) and my longest non-bulb exposure (15 sec). If I stopped down, i couldn't shoot long enough to catch the sky. =(

To get everything working here the way you want you will probably have to take two exposures. One for the sky and the other for the highway. Then you can merge them. It will be hard to get the same exposure for both the sky and highway at the same time.

I had the same problem as you can see in the following thread: www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63103 The sky came out pretty good but it was nearly impossible to the the correct exposure for the street lights and headlights. They are a bit blownout. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to go back and shoot this one again.

Also, try shooting during twilight. Either just before sunrise or just after sunset. It will make it a bit easier for this type of shot. By the way, I used a Circular Polarizer and an ND4 filter...exposure time was 15 seconds and aperture f/22.

Most reactions

Back