the things old people collect.... lol

///Matt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
=) background is needed for two of these...

These photos are of some of the stuff my grandfather has collected.

His career before retirement: He built the machines, at breweries, which manufacture beer cans. He didn't DESIGN it, just assembled them. =) Thusly, he has an ENORMOUS beercan collection, from various machines he built.

c/c welcome!

9.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

Was the white balance for the first two set to lamp light and you got natural light wherever those beer cans are? Or what is it that gives them this blue hue?

Cool collection that your grandfather built up there :D.

I best like the photo of the old cart and its wheel in the gravel. Good textures! And I like the colours. But a conversion into b&w with a slight sepia tint might look good on that one, too, I guess.

The white balance was set to Tungsten on the first two. It was a mistake, left over's from another shoot. Oh well!

if the 1st 2 were shot in RAW thats easy to correct in the RAW software but if they were in JPG just download PICASA2 from google and you can correct it easily

great shots by the way

Nice collection :cheers:

My friends & I have a beer can collection. Not as extensive as this one, but all different brands of beer...but we had a rule that you had to buy a six pack and drink the other 5....man, we drank a lot of crappy tasting beer for the sake of that collection.

I really like number 1 and 2. Although I'm curious to see what they'd look like with the proper white balance, I think the blue tint works okay here. You could try adding some yellow in PS to compensate for it.

I really love 1 & 2. Who would ever think that old beer cans would make such an awesome looking photo. Nice!!!!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

I'm going to toy with the first two in PS, and see what I can do about the blue tint.

1. RE-EDIT
9balanced.jpg

2. RE-EDIT
8balanced.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back