playing through my menus

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i'm playing around with my D50, which i havent done as much of as I'd like... and i was strolling through the menus and i came to the flash mode.. where you can set it to TTL or manual.. and when in manual, you can pick the strength of flash... but it doesnt seem to make a difference...i put the flash in manual mode (cause when the camera is in flash manual and the flash is in TTL it wont shoot) so i tried a few shots... full power, half power, 1/16 power... but the pictures all look the same... same brightness... is this normal or should there be a difference depending on the flash power??

What other settings are you using? What camera mode, etc etc.

Your camera is adjusting the shutter/aperature to compensate for the changing flash power. You'd see the difference more if you were in M. Try 1/100 and F8 to start and fix the ISO to a value (not auto-ISO).

Umm.. The "manual" flash in the camera menu adjust the built-in flash, not an external flash. Atleast that is how it is on the D40, which I imagine would be the same with the D50.

I assume you are talking about an external flash..

Umm.. The "manual" flash in the camera menu adjust the built-in flash, not an external flash. Atleast that is how it is on the D40, which I imagine would be the same with the D50.

I assume you are talking about an external flash..

does it not affect an external flash when connected??? if not.. how the heck do i turn down the power on the sb50.. cause the only think i seem to be able to change is the "distance" nothing about power outtage..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back