playing w/curves.. too much on this photo?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
jonah.jpg

jonah3.jpg

It seems I got the whites where I wanted them, but not the blacks. Is it too much?

I think the first one is a better, it just needs some color correction, more magenta.

I agree the first one looks better.

Thanks for your comment!! His skin IRL seems more true to the second one so I liked that... But I definitly know that first one needs color tweaking.. ugh my head hurts from staring at this screen today.

I'd just back up the s curve a little bit and mask the face to make sure it won't get too much shadow.

Kelly,
Have you tried curves on a layer so that you can erase back where it's too much?

Ya, I had the curves as an adjustment layer. I couldn't seem to get that 's' shape perfect though on the shadows side.. I guess I need more practice with it. Thanks all!

The second one is a definite no, no, IMO. I wouldn't have touched anything on the first, but that's me. Some people like color enhancement.

I vote for the first one, too. However, I think it looks too green/yellow to me. I agree with a previous post - add some magenta.

I would make an adjustment layer for curves but set the layer property to luminosity that can help some of the slight wonky color you're getting...

In the second one, the whites look almost blown.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back