playing with ice crystals

nannabug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I apologize for these being a little out-of-focus. I'm still trying to master the features on my new digital camera. I had it set on macro and auto focus when taking these, and the camera kept trying to focus on objects beyond the window where the crystals were. I've been studying my manual, though, on how to manually focus. But I sure have had fun manipulating the images anyway. :D
Picture_003f.jpg

Picture_005h.jpg

Picture_004b.jpg

Wow, those are very very cool (no pun intended :p). I've tried to do similar pictures myself, but they're not easy that's for sure. I especially like the second one!

-Brett :)

nice stuff nanna, they do like like a kaleidascope! its beautiful what nature can create :)

think the second ones my fav, but all are cool. What are the 2 'eyeballs' in the first?

nannabug said:
I apologize for these being a little out-of-focus. I'm still trying to master the features on my new digital camera.
So what camera did you get? I guess this will solve the problem with your scanner. :wink:

As for the out of focus, I actually like the affect it gave to the third picture. I also like the second picture but the white color and out of focus look of the third makes me like it more. What's also nice is how you piece together "bookend" pictures to the second and third one. It gave it an artsy look to it.

Thank you, Brett. Hey, did anyone ever tell you you look a lot like Barney Fife?! ;) he-heh

Thanks, Shark. I did, in fact, use a kaleidoscope effect on the 2nd and 3rd one.

Thank you, Jeff. I like the warm color of the 2nd one, but like the softness of the 3rd. Hard choice for me.

Mark, the 'eyeballs' you referred to were caused by a reflection of light (I think) on the glass. There is only one in the original photo, but since I mirrored (bookmatched) the image there are two in this one. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Howdy Harpper. I just recently bought a Canon PowerShot G5. Yes, that should take care of my scanning woes, but I have SO many old photos that I still like to share. Years and years worth! This digital should save me a small fortune in film and developing fees. ;) Thanks for looking and commenting.

Thanks, photobug. Is that an Irish brogue I detect in those 'rolling' R's? I really like your frost with an attitude... startlingly clear and beautiful. :)

nannabug said:
Howdy Harpper. I just recently bought a Canon PowerShot G5. Yes, that should take care of my scanning woes, but I have SO many old photos that I still like to share. Years and years worth! This digital should save me a small fortune in film and developing fees. ;) Thanks for looking and commenting.
A quick and simple solution might be to just take pictures of your film pictures with your digital camera. :wink: I agree with you about saving a fortune on film. I haven't calculated it out but I think with how much I've spend on film and development in the past I could have got myself a good digital by now. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back