Playing with my new toy.

tomhooper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thomashooper.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I received my new Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro yesterday afternoon and this is the first chance I've gotten to play with it. Still on the learning curve, but I can tell I'm gonna like this new lens. Please C&C and give any advise you might have.

Oops. You seem to have forgotten to attach the photo............................

Well what do you expect from an Aggie? I'll try again.
birdseedstudy.jpg

What's an "Aggie"?
And what birds are supposed to eat these seeds?
For it is bird seeds we see here, isn't it?
You happen to have any photos of the birds at dinner time (not taken with your new toy, of course, but with another lens you have)? ;)

Aggie

The term pertains to students or teams at some historic land grant, mechanical & agricultural schools.​

Nice image!

I thought Aggie was someone who attended Texas A&M

Texas A&M Aggies. I have 3 degrees from that fine institution and my son is a senior there now. It is located in College Station, Texas.

Most of those are sunflower seeds and oh yeah, the birds really go for them, especially Cardinals. I'll check and see if I have any shots of them.

I know the image is a little soft, but I was hand holding and hadn't changed my f-stop. Shot the darn thing at 1/13 of a second. I think its pretty sharp for hand held at that speed. Really got lucky it wasn't blurred. When you have luck, you can don't have to have brains. I'm going out again this morning with a tripod and a little more brainpower. Hope I have some better images to put up.

We call the agricultural student at my school (University of Guelph) aggies. guess its universal.

Hmm....You might be right.

Take that lens outside and lets see what you got :mrgreen: Ive seen many a fine image with that lens,, now,, got out there and use it :)

Texas A&M Aggies. I have 3 degrees from that fine institution and my son is a senior there now.

3 degrees? So you mean you can walk, talk AND feed yourself?

(And before the ban hammer comes out, KIDDING! -- It's law in Austin we must make jokes at an aggie's expense.)

The jokes are ok. We maroon blooded ags just consider the source and let it go. Just received my season tickets in the mail the other day. I have officially become an "old ag". I have armchair seats now. When did I get old?
Plan to take a bunch of shots. As my moniker says, "I love to shoot macro".
The seeds do have a fine dust on them and that may be part of the noise.
Oh and yeah, I can walk, talk, chew gum, and take pictures at the same time.
My son gets his ring in September, and if you know anything about Aggies, that is special. Its really special for my family, myself and my brother will be there for his ring dunk.
Here is another shot taken the next morning. Still not happy with it, but getting closer. Let me know what you think about my stinkbug.
stinkbug.jpg

Most reactions

Back