Please critique my first photo post...

cphanh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please critique my first photo post... This was taken at Twin Peaks in San Francisco.

Camera: Nikon D90 Exposure: 2 Aperture: f/5.6 Focal Length: 105 mm ISO Speed: 200 Exposure Bias: 0 EV Flash: No Flash

Last edited:
First critique - add the image to the forum, not as a link.
Second critique - list the settings you used to take the shot. These can be found in the properties of the picture if you right click on it (assuming you use windows) if you use a mac- well I can't help you there but I would say buy a PC.

People aren't going to want to download anything from an unknown site like that. Try to find a link bracketed with

Yeah, that's what I was saying.

if you use a mac- well I can't help you there but I would say buy a PC.

you should try and stay away from making these stupid comments, especially when at least over 50 percent of photographers use Mac.

50 percent would be a great understatment, maybe 70-80 percent.

you should try and stay away from making these stupid comments, especially when at least over 50 percent of photographers use Mac.

Agreed, and I'm a PC.

Yeah, that's what I was saying.

Sometimes you have to make the process more clear. Remember we have a lot of people who don't spend much more than 10 min a day on an internet forum and might not understand when you say "place the image in the forum".

70-80% huh? Well lets do some math.. just about everyone in the US has a camera. MACs are 8% of the marketshare in computers. PC is over 80%, and linux is around 10%. So if everyone(just in America even) who takes a picture is a photographer.. your statement lacks logic. Unless you are claiming that the 8% of MAC users consist of 70-80% of all photographers... in which case I just call BS.

Guys, can we get back on track with my original post.

70-80% huh? Well lets do some math.. just about everyone in the US has a camera. MACs are 8% of the marketshare in computers. PC is over 80%, and linux is around 10%. So if everyone(just in America even) who takes a picture is a photographer.. your statement lacks logic. Unless you are claiming that the 8% of MAC users consist of 70-80% of all photographers... in which case I just call BS.

I think Adam is stating that serious photographers use Macs, not just anyone owning a camera. And can we please not turn this person's photo thread into an argument of Mac vs. PC or anything for that matter.

To the OP: Cool shot, maybe crop some of the top out as you don't need that much space in the top of your frame.

And on the post - its a nice shot.If I took it, I would do a few different cropped shots of the image itself. The bridge, I woudl chop the top and bottom off in one. I would also keep this one, but I would turn the 1 shot into 3 or 4 as well. All in all I think its a good picture, nice framing, good activity, nice angle, nice lighting.

Excellent.

I think Adam is stating that serious photographers use Macs, not just anyone owning a camera. And can we please not turn this person's photo thread into an argument of Mac vs. PC or anything for that matter.

To the OP: Cool shot, maybe crop some of the top out as you don't need that much space in the top of your frame.
Understood, but if you're going to make outrageous claims, base it off SOME statistics at least. Also, you can't be the judge and jury on someone who is a "serious" photographer or not.

And I tried to keep it on track, hes the one that deeeraileddddd it.

Thanks guys for your input.

Curious? Would a filter remove most of the smog/haze? I assume that is what makes the photo look soft. Never had an opportunity to do city shots. Am just curious so if I ever do venture out of my countryside world I'd be informed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back