Please Critique - Towers

bartonkj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to photography and new to my camera. I am looking for critique - even if it is harsh - so I can better learn what I should have done with my photos. Thanks.

Towers.jpg

Pentax K10D w/ 18-55 Kit Lens
f/5.6 @ 55mm @ ISO 100 & 1/500s
Aperature priority on an overcast day with some sun peeking out once in awhile

is it just me or is there no photo there?

The picture shows up when I view the page - and it does so on two different computers of mine at two different locations - but since I am the one who posted it I'm not sure how much that means.

There is really no suject to this photo at all. Also the dark beam atthe top of the photo completely ruins it for me. Make sure when you take a photo there is a subject and be aware of the framing,try not to have things coming into the photo that do not addto the overall composition.

Thanks for the comments. I was trying to capture a sense of intense industrial mess that is throughout this area. I was also consciously interested in the mostly parallel lines of the street curb and the bridge going across the top of the photo. Given those thoughts, do you have any recommendations to identifying and focusing on a better subject to the photo?

i tried cropping out the boring gorund and the support beam to jsut get the industrial thing you were descbiing, but it sstill wasn't that good

theres a good opportunity there for some good lines, like many of tohse power towers ina row etc. theres not much subject there i dont think,t he most you can do is work with lines

Thanks for the comments. I was trying to capture a sense of intense industrial mess that is throughout this area. I was also consciously interested in the mostly parallel lines of the street curb and the bridge going across the top of the photo. Given those thoughts, do you have any recommendations to identifying and focusing on a better subject to the photo?

what's your photo about? Look for a prominant target, fill the frame with the industrial chaos that you see.
If the sun is peaking through in rays then hope that it peaks onto your subject and click.

I say shoot the same photo but in front of the bridge/overpass so it is not in the frame and the industrial buildings are in the frame.

Most reactions

Back