Please help me with this!

chr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to take pictures of objects/products
(vases, pottery, other study materials, etc.), and i'm
doing some research to figure out the best tools (lens) for this type of
photography. I need to be able to take pictures of regular objects. What lens should I buy for my 350 D camera? Preferable a very good optical lens, no matter the price is (excluding L lenses). Any suggestions you
can give would be great! Thank you!

canon 50mm 1.8
85mm 1.8

sigma 150 macro

depends on what you need.

The standard for a 35mm format is the 50mm. Most well known brands feature a good quality 50mm lens in their line up. Buy the best you can afford , as there is usually a difference in quality, and ask the guy/ girl behind the counter as he / she will be able to give you more specific advice. Take a few images in with you ,so that the sales person knows what results you are trying to achieve, what I think of as nasty barrel or pin cushion distortion, may just be the very, artistic effect, that you are craving. If you want some versitility then a Standard zoom will give you that. But I think you may be more concerned about the lighting, If you want to be "Flash" (Sorry) Studio flash gives you full control (After a reasonably steep learning curve) of your lighting, but at a price. The best quality lighting on the planet, is northern aspect daylight. It's quite cheap as well. But you may want hard shadows....

Sounds like you'll need a simple light tent and the ability to take pictures at a very small aperture to maximize the DOF. Any standard lens for your camera of reasonable quality will do nicely.

Most reactions

Back