Photos OK to edit
feel free to slam.

#1 original
IMG_0102.jpg

#2 cropped
IMG_0102-1-2.jpg

#3 more of a point and shoot actually. not that i know any better

Last edited:
Did you also lighten #1? And what did you do to the dog bowl? The crop is a good start, but a bit to much cropped I think. I would like to see the entire dog, having its lower body cut off diminishes the photo alot.

edit: Here's what I did in a quick little PP.
IMG_0102-1.jpg

#3 is really just a snap shot of someone cooking. Try a differentm more interesting angle, perhaps looking through the beer (idk how it would work, but its something to try). Also, the smoke from the grill is right in front of his face= a no-no.

Last edited:
yea. i lightened #1 a bit, couldnt see his eyes with the black face. the dog bowl was 'red-eye' fixed. lol

#3. i really wanted to get a candid shot without him realising cause he'd start posing and actually i wont get wat i was looking for. he just kept moving an inch or two only, and i wanted the beer a bit blured. wow. guess i have too much to learn. thanks for the comment.

the smoke covers the guys face i dont like that at all and the dog is great but like said above he is cut off....if he wasnt cut off owuld make it a lot better

Yea, I know what you are saying for the candid shot, they are always the best for getting a true feel for some situations. Were you using Autofocus or Manual focus for #3?

auto focus. but had selected that red focus thingy manually, i think it was on the meat or him, not sure. but the lens was on auto focus.

now that you done it this way, the dog bowl actually adds something wen its red. nice.

thanks for the critique.

No problem, just added a little saturation and upped the contrast/brightness a bit.

Manual focus could have benefited you in getting the blurred OOF look on the beer while being more focused on him grilling. It takes a little while to get used to, but once you get the hang of manual focus it can work wonders.

Most reactions

Back