Plowman

Excellent shot. Beautiful and powerful looking horses.

very nice!
are those clydes?
or another draft horse like Belgians, Shires (cause i see the white boots), or brabants?
wrong color for a friesian.
percheron?

anyway...
a fantastic shot.

Thanks all for the comments. These are a team of Belgians that I saw last Saturday at the 76th International Plowing Match in Lynden WA. They are very powerful beautiful animals indeed, and big! For comparison here's a snap of this team with a team of Clydesdale's behind them.
IMG_8088-1.jpg

Thanks all for the comments. These are a team of Belgians that I saw last Saturday at the 76th International Plowing Match in Lynden WA. They are very powerful beautiful animals indeed, and big! For comparison here's a snap of this team with a team of Clydesdale's behind them.View attachment 140424
Glorious creatures. Of course all things "Belgian" are...[emoji6]

A fellow my Dad was acquainted with used Belgian mares to produce mules he was well known for. They are indeed powerful horses. Nice photos.

A fellow my Dad was acquainted with used Belgian mares to produce mules he was well known for. They are indeed powerful horses. Nice photos.

Thanks Dean. There was a team of Belgian mules there as well. They are somewhat smaller than the horses but seem to pull a plow with no more effort.
IMG_8027-2.jpg

Great Shots, Enjoyed Them All!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back