Plus-X PULL to 80iso

MattCReynolds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, the Kodak Plus-X info sheet only gives regular development time and 1 or 2 stop push times.

I am looking to PULL it down to 80 (I have already shot 2 rolls at 80).
OR at least some kind of math needed to pull 125 to 80. It's like ~1 stop? A little less I think.
I do believe there should be a % decrease of development time. There SHOULD be some kind of formula?

Cheers,
- Matt

well, the rule of thumb is about 15% less;however, many folks just use the standard times for pulling. It depends on how much testing you have done to determine how your equipment is working with the box speeds.

If this is a seriously critical roll, shoot another and do a clip test.

what developer, don't get below 5 minutes or you risk the chance of uneven development

I'd go D 76 1:1 for 6 minutes. But that's just me.

Use Diafine, it has just almost fixed time, so about 6 minutes or 8 minutes whatever ISO film speed you use.

I have Plus-X waiting for developing, and i will use D-76 as well, i still didn't open that Diafine box yet, but i think i will not push/pull this film, i shot it at normal box speed, so do your test and show us.

Use Diafine ...

No. It's toxic and I'm strongly against it.
I'm going to do some test rolls in D76 and Rodinal ...

D76 and Rodinal are also toxic. Virtually all commercially available developers
are. And, so are many household cleaning products and other stuff around the
house and garage.

I'm aware. However I use doth my developers 1-shot and Diafine are exceptionally horrible for the environment.

I think he is working in Environment department, so he is so sensitive to Diafine and something similar, in fact i heard that Diafine is harm but less harmful than Rodinal, i could manage to get Diafine online even it was difficult, but Rodinal was impossible to be shipped to me when it was available in the market, there are also another development i can't buy online, so what toxicity or harmful can Diafine do to the environment? Enlighten me so i can avoid it as well.

try zonal pro products they have been invented to be easier on the environment.

I think he is working in Environment department, so he is so sensitive to Diafine and something similar, in fact i heard that Diafine is harm but less harmful than Rodinal, i could manage to get Diafine online even it was difficult, but Rodinal was impossible to be shipped to me when it was available in the market, there are also another development i can't buy online, so what toxicity or harmful can Diafine do to the environment? Enlighten me so i can avoid it as well.

Hrm. I did some research and it looks like both Metol and Hydroquinone are in fact more toxic than I expected.

I think what I needed to clarify is concentrations. When you mix a one shot (like D-76 or Rodinal) it is about as harmful as an bathroom cleaner you may use.

Where as Diafine hardly ever gets dumped because it can last so long.
Fixer is exceptionally harmful, and gets reused until exhaustion, and thus Diafine may not be as bad as I expressed earlier.

Sorry for the confusion!

On another note, Diafine may be useful if you are developing different rolls of film in a big tank, but I think I'm still going to avoid it. The fact that film speed is near negligible is scary! haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back