kdd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kathleendavenport.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

New here and have just decided to take my hobby (since I was in high school--and that was a long, long time ago) to the professional level.

Any recommendations for a portable backdrop setup? What should I keep in mind? What's the best size? I've recently been asked to do business headshots for a few realty companies and will also be doing before/after photos for a mom & daughter promotion by a makeup artist. From there, I plan to continue to build.

So, any recommendations? What colors would you recommend I get to get started (with the plan to add more later). I've also heard that muslin is the best choice? Any and all info is very much appreciated!

Or if this has already been discussed, could someone point me to that discussion?

Thanks!

~Kathleen

I don't have a lot of experience with backdrops but anytime I have had to use one, I just use a really big piece of white cardboard, with a remote flash aimed at it. The flash should be 2 or 3 stops brighter than the subject, to make it really white. I hope that helps!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back