Portable storage devices

bigfatbadger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Does anyone use one of these? I'm thinking of the Jobo Giga Vue or similar, with 30gig of storage. The only thing I'd be worried about is the safety of the images when they are on there?

All the reviews look good but they don't seem to have used them for very long!

Anyone use one?

I have a friend who keeps all his photos and videos on an external HDD, but he's not a professional. They should be as trustworthy as the ones inside your computer. The same people make them, it's the same thing, it just has a plastic case protecting it from the outside world!

Seagate is a trusted brand.

Hope that helps.

We use the RCA Lyra and have been very happy with it. Only complaint is the time it takes to download from the card to the device (but we do weddings so time is more important there!).

bigfatbadger said:
But no problems with reliability?

My plan would be to have two 1 gig cards and while one is downloading to the device, start using the other one.

None (as I knock on wood!). We've been using it for a year and a half. For weddings we shoot with 3 1G and 3 512 and in RAW they fill fast :D

Alison said:
None (as I knock on wood!). We've been using it for a year and a half. For weddings we shoot with 3 1G and 3 512 and in RAW they fill fast :D

How much does that thing cost, if I may ask?

The no-name one I got a few months ago is giving me corrupted files, and I have had no luck finding who to contact to get it replaced or fixed. :(

I think we paid around $300 for it.....we justified the cost because to buy 20 Gigs of CF cards was a loooooooot more :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back