TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so you only get to go to the desert :er:

54202144-L.jpg

Thanks Ray! I meant to ask about the compo. This was a large metal cylinder something or another, riddled with bullet holes. The end you're looking out is the large end. It was big enough to walk into standing up. The end I shot through was only about 2 foot in diameter.

Ok, back to the compo. The horizon is right across the middle. Do the different layers of sky, ground and metal thingy help break it up enough? And did I leave too much of the inside visible? Just questions I asked myself :)

incredible shot jake...i think one of your most creative to date. you're really working that eye of yours to 'see' outside the box. :thumbsup: thumbs way up :D

i assume the bottom is resting on the ground...can it be lifted?

this is so cool! :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure what it is tgates? Some metal vent type contraption left over from an old mining operation.

JonK...thanks! That's a huge compliment and means a lot!

JM, yep it's on the ground. I got inside of it and tried to get some more sky, but you kinda lose the perspective from inside. I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing it weighs a few hundred pounds. It's about 15 ft long and 6 ft high and the large end, then it tapers down to a small opening.

great shot woodsac.

i thought it was going to be a photo of the night sky at first as i scrolled down, then saw the desert. Nice surprise

very nice photograph.. very creative. was it possible to include the bottom of the pipe as well, thereby creating the feeling of being in a tube? I would think it would create the feeling of looking at earth from space..
very cool pic

It does seem like a space portal, almoast like a stargate to earth or something (i'm not on drugs.........at the moment anyway!) and i really like it. As far as composition i'm wondering if it would be possible to lay down inside a bit further back and try to get the whole edge of the tube in. Just thought it may give more of a sense of a whole portal shape, but i like being able to see the bullet holes too. Great shot tho :thumbup:

"Jaw dropper"! What a word, used by Raymond - created by Raymond?

Anyhow. Fitting word. :D
The bullet holes in this huge man-high pipe so add to the overall picture.
Jaw-dropper, all right.

Well, it is "A Woodsac", after all ;)

Thanks! Well, I think it's from a 'jaw dropper'. Unique, maybe? But I greatly appreciate the comments!

Anyways...that's why I questioned the compo. I could have included the bottom of the pipe, but in doing so, it got really dark and the bullet holes weren't as noticeable. Maybe I'll make it out there again?

Amazing shot Woody. Way to go on this one. Love it.

Most reactions

Back