Portfolio

bemmermazda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I dont really no why, but i think i should make a portfolio. Would be easier to show people my work, interviews etc. For ordering prints. Is there a "best" sight? Like Bh is for equipment.

Also, besides resolution is there any other precautions i should take on my photos? Im worried they will be distorted and stuff.

You can get prints done, which can always be put into a portfolio.

And they won't be distorted as long as you keep them in proportion- don't change the photo from 4:3 to 6:5 for instance i suppose.

If you are planning on sending your images to a lab then I would call them to see how they print. Most labs are set up to print in sRGB. Make sure that you are in the right color profile so that you get proper colors.

Mpix.com

For a portfolio, I made one in a book form and several dry mounted, matted, and placed in a century box. I get the most compliments out of the ones in the century box. They present better, ready to be framed for display, and can be passed around to a group to be viewed up close.

I dont really no why, but i think i should make a portfolio. Would be easier to show people my work, interviews etc. For ordering prints. Is there a "best" sight? Like Bh is for equipment.

Also, besides resolution is there any other precautions i should take on my photos? Im worried they will be distorted and stuff.

Two things:
1. there reallyis no best sight (although I use mpix, their cheap and easy)

2. if you are shooting with a DSLR, more than likely the sensor is not full frame therefore you will need to crop...inevitably.

Most reactions

Back