Portrait Assignment

MelodySoul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had an assignment (for class) to take 3 portraits, in each your model must have a different outfit. One must be a headshot, one must show shallow depth of field and the last should show motion. My friend Nichole was my model and did a great job! C&C welcome.

3001210038_6b85e2ea64_b.jpg

3000372789_8f408e1736_b.jpg

3001210560_29261f5117_o.jpg

For fun another one that I liked but isn't being submitted for the assignment.

3000374155_90a9481dc7_b.jpg

nice job, they all look very good and in natural light too, i like them!

Thanks!

I'm not totally in love with #3 but I think it's the best of what we got.

A few thoughts: All of the images seem to have a slight green cast, easily fixed with a colour-balance adjustment. Images 1,2 and 3 have some unfortunate background choices. In #1 the heavy black bar at the top of the image is somewhat distracting. In 2 and 3 you've broken one of the cardinal rules of portraiture in that you have things "growing" out of the subject's head. As there's no EXIF data appended to your images, I'm unsure of what lens you're using, but I'd suggest with it's "rolled condom" bokeh it's less than ideally suited for shallow DoF work. Images 2 and 4 would be better if cropped to offset the subject from center. Overall, some nice work - just a few thoughts for future work.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the comments. I will definitely keep these things in mind for my next shoot. I was using my 50mm, the reason you see the "rolled condom" look as you put it..lol...is because it's a chain link fence behind her...not an ideal spot I suppose.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back