TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Best Nikkor lenses for it?
... That isn't $1,000. :)

50 1.4, 50 1.8

I have the 50mm 1.8 and love it.

I have the 50 1.4 on my D40...LOVE IT!!!

4188883928_3d5ccabba3.jpg

I feel the better way to achieve shallow depth-of-field in portraits is with a longer focal length rather than maximum aperture. So, depending on your camera format (not the brand), chose a lens that is about twice the normal focal length.

-Pete

Yes, I reckon the 50mm F1.4 / F1.8 or maybe the 85mm F1.4 / F1.8
They're both pretty cheap too.

Yes, I reckon the 50mm F1.4 / F1.8 or maybe the 85mm F1.4 / F1.8
They're both pretty cheap too.

Yea, $1250.00 is pretty cheap eh?

hehe yeah that is the more expensive lens.
Well, as i'm not a professional, i'd probably take my chances with a good second hand lens, which you should be able to grab for under $1000

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 manual focus, in either the Ai version, with the separate lens hood, or the AiS version with the built-in, sliding lens hood. Both of these lenses have nice bokeh--not "world class", like the 85/1.4 AF-D or 105 f/2 DC or 135 f/2 DC or 200 f/2 VR lenses, but these two manual focus 105mm lenses are small,light weight, sturdily built, and are available on the used market fro around $225 US dollars in excellent condition, and substantially less in cosmetically beat-up condition. The "one-oh-five two-point-five" is/was a super lens. It also has an excellent manual focusing action,with a very easy to use focusing system, even on a d-slr.

For a bargain bokeh lens, the 85mm f/1.8 AF-D lens is a pretty good modern, autofocusing choice for those on a budget.

The low-priced 85mm f/1.4 manual focus but CPU-equipped Vivitar Series 1 or Bower lens, sold in the USA through Adorama and B&H Photo is quite a lovely bokeh lens. This lens is also sold under the Sanyang brand IMMSMC,and it is sort of a cult lens among the bokeh crowd. $329 US new.

200 F2, once you go f2, you never go back.

Either the 1.4 or 1.8 will be great
N.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back