Portrait lenses

Yeah I enjoyed using it. I'm a bit of a prime junkie with 300mm, 135mm, 105mm, 85mm, 58mm, 50mm, 28mm focal lengths. I did enjoy the versatility of the 70-300mm. I definitely need to get me a 70-200mm f/2.8 at some point though.

11-16mm for portraits?

My setup for a basketball shoot earlier in the week.

The result after cropping and processing...

I have the Tamron 90mm VC USD macro lens on a Nikon d5100 and it takes really nice portrait pictures especially if the pictures are being taken in a place where the distance between me and the subject can stay similar. My other choice is the Tamron 70-300mm VC USD it may be a f4 - 5.6 but the VC control makes taking portraits really easy. Some people I take pictures for want to visit some special locations so they request a picture with the city in the background, I used to use the Nikkor 35mm for this but theres some issue with it and getting the focus right is really annoying. So I now use the Tamron 10 - 24 mm for this and though they images can look a little distorted I have found most of the times they are quite happy holding each other looking over the city from a tower and the distortion not too bad. But not a great lens for portraits close up as distortion really stands out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back