portrait lighting help

cosmoepic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
heres my situation im going to be shooting a model on sat all white background with brightly colors ice cream

currently this is what i have for lighting:

1 interfit ex150 flash with umbrella and that reflection thing that goes around it (im very new to lighting)

now for the remote flash to work i need to plug it into the PC on the cam, which the D40 doesnt have, so i have a hotshoe to pc mount on its way here by sat

with just the one flash how will i make this shot work while avoiding shadows and everything flash on one side, reflector on the other?

thanks!

try out some continuous lighting then just make a nice even lighting around it all perhaps use the flash lighting for fill just make sure to diffuse all the lighting also try not to mix lighting try to keep it all the same (this is all kinda new to me too but been trying to read up a lot on different lighting techniques and so far this is what ive learned)

Put your main light (flash with umbrella) at 45 degrees and as close as you can to your subject.

You can then use a reflector (or any reflective surface) on the opposite side of the model to reflect some light back onto them.

Most reactions

Back