Portrait of Riana

psreilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a shot I took of Riana of Maggie Models in Boston recently. Just a simple test shoot

Attachments

• tumblr_ne102uVTta1rwbdhqo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ne102uVTta1rwbdhqo5_1280.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Yeah, that background has worked nice in the past, but I agree. Probably could of went without them here since everything is so neat

Thanks, yeah I feel like the wrinkles do add a different vibe. Without them it may have looked a little too clean. I don't know could of went with and without them I guess

Yeah I can see what you mean about the knee. Without it though the bag wouldn't have been sitting enough in the shot... Valid point though

The light is awesome. I like your shot.

Nice BW conversion and I like her pose. Beautiful model, too!

I agree that the wrinkles do take something away from it, I'd have cropped in a bit tighter to take advantage of the headscarf. Headscarves have the great advantage of really highlighting the eyes and I think with a headshot, you could have drawn a lot more feeling and atmosphere from the model.

Good effort though.

backdrop is distracting for me. like the shot but it keeps distracting me. I think you have her too close to the backdrop.

I like the image, everything about it is nice, except the wrinkles on the backdrop, that kills it for me. I'm guessing that you simply looked at the wrinkles and didn't think they would look that bad. I've used backdrops that when I unpacked them they had wrinkles and I was pissed off because I hadn't ironed them out. I spent the time photoshopping them out.

I like the image, everything about it is nice, except the wrinkles on the backdrop, that kills it for me. I'm guessing that you simply looked at the wrinkles and didn't think they would look that bad. I've used backdrops that when I unpacked them they had wrinkles and I was pissed off because I hadn't ironed them out. I spent the time photoshopping them out.

Kind of late on the reply. The thinking in terms of the wrinkles was that they could maybe with the contrast I was going for they could add something. They were actually just simple bed sheets I haven't invested in anything as of yet. Damn pain trying to keep them wrinkle free I'll tell ya

I've always used bed sheets for all my backdrops. I duct tape a white one to the wall when I do head shots. I always iron the sheet out and use the tape to stretch the remaining wrinkles out.

Most reactions

Back