vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
430034897_f52e03d4c2_o.jpg

430034899_ca76241593_o.jpg

They are both on my Flickr account.

I took both of these today when we were bored. I prefer shooting landscape and nature but I have been working on getting better at doing portrait photography. If you can see anything I could do better please feel free to comment.

Camera: Canon 5D
Lens: 50mm f/1.8
Shutter Speed: 1/125
Aperture: f/1.8
Flash 550ex on ETTL w/ Cloud Light Sphere and Amber dome
Converted to Black and White in Photoshop

Thanks,
Chris

I really like the first one, can't think of anything to critique.

In the 2nd one, what is that behind/above her? It's grabbing too much attention away from the subject.

I feel the opposite. I love the second one, although the chandelier? is sort of throwing it off,its a sweet pose.

The first one the smile seems a little forced... but a good shot.

Cheers all the way around!

The first one has a little blow out. I like the second the best, but agree that the background lights are distracting.

I like them both...I'm not really qualified to critique...but I do agree that the lighting in the background is a bit distracting...but both are very pretty...I like

Alright thanks. And it is a chandelier in the background. On the color version it doesn't stand out as much as it does in the black and white version. I will see if I can photoshop it out a little later tonight. I might even recrop it.

you could get away with just cropping the second one down a little more, and then you'd have a lot less to PS. When I was looking at the picture I had scrolled down to far and didnt notice the background until Mike said something, and when I scrolled up was like "WOW its right there!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back