Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by KAikens318, Jun 9, 2009.
My gorgeous hubby
i dont think the tweaking did the photo any good =/
Why do they always look better smaller? lol
Here is the original...
well since you asked for C&C lets give this a try!
1. bad lighting... highlights on the face and a big one where the pavement was i suppose. shouldn't have exposed for the jacket! i see you repaired some of it in pp.
2. composition is not that great... in fact it doesn't appeal to me... better with the crop
3. it seems to me that the subject is oof and the over sharpening doesn't help.
4. definitely don't like the pose and the angle at which you shot this hides his eyes behind the glasses frame so kinda looses interest there.
5. the tweaks don't add anything, it just makes the picture look weird. I've seen this kind of treatment but this subject is not for that... i am not referring to your husband but to portraits in general. try some soft focus instead or some Gaussian blur to add some glowing effect to the skin. see how that turns out.
sorry if i seemed to harsh or anything. just trying to help and these are just my thoughts.
edit: one last thing. try to avoid square crops unless there is a reason like to emphasize an idea or somethin.
Separate names with a comma.