Portraits of Queen Elizabeth II

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Apparently, until recently, a Canuck could ask the Government of Canada for a picture of the Queen and the government would send one for free. Let me officially say that as a born and raised Canadian, all my life, and now in my senior years, . . . . . .
"I - never - knew - that."

Unfortunately for me, this service has stopped and now you can download a JPEG and print it yourself. So, of course, I poked around and found it. Here's the link to the download page:

"Royal Portraits"
Royal Portraits - Canada.ca

For those of you elsewhere in the world, I don't think the Government of Canada will mind if you download one too.

Did you know you can also get a free Canadian flag by going into your MPs office and asking for one?

Can you get a free Canadian beer the same way?

Did you know you can also get a free Canadian flag by going into your MPs office and asking for one?

Oh? I nneeeed one! :)

Can you get a free Canadian beer the same way?

I should look into that. :)

Quality is poorish, especially the Phillip shot.

I'll reserve judgement until I see it printed. I find some pictures look better or worse after the Walmart Kodak rig gets done with it. After all these years, I'm surprised that this is still true, but it is.

That's kinda cool. When I was a kid we took a vacation in Michigan and drove into Windsor just to go to Canada. I got a little dish with a picture of the Queen.

That was long before I discovered hockey.

Ive watched some videos on royal portraits.

I would not want to be the one trying to get a picture of phillip. the rest of the family would be fun. But you only get like 2 minutes. :)

I think this photo of her cousin Prince Michael of Kent is incredible
10597FB3-CB98-4584-8CFF-A59A1C467D21.jpeg

She's beautiful as always.

Most reactions

Back