Hair Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Feed back and crit welcome

JAO_5591v2web.jpg

JAO_5570web.jpg

3 and me jumping in to show them how to behave in front of the camera
JAO_5585web.jpg

Thanks LeeleeMelis, I was in tight space in my front room - only 4m square and the back drop wasn't much bigger than you can see

On the shot with me in it taken by my wife, I had to retouch some at the top to keep the shot

Taken with a 28mm nikkor on a d200 wb set to bulb 1/80-1/125 2.8-4.5f

Home made light ring... any extra details?
I'm dieing to use a ring flash, but can't afford one and have no access to one.

Wondered how long before somebody picked up on the 'homemade light' ring.

I'll take some shot later and post them up

Wow 100 + views and one person feedback, were is the best place to go to get some help/feedback?

Here is a portrait version if any body is looking

JAO_5591v3web.jpg

Either she is from a galexy far far away and any light shone into her eyes causes this effect.

Or it could be from the light ring used to light the shot and its part of the effect

I hope its the second one other wise my daughter is a space alien!!!

A little hair light would be a nice touch with the dark hair and background. Now how about a look at the ring light ?

Freddie, would I do that with a bounce card at the back or with another light as flash might alter the balance

Your not the only one that wants to see my ring! I'll get apicture of this weekend and post it up

Mr. Hair or Bear ??? since you are using constant lighting any type of reflector placed above and adjusted for effect would work.

( foamcore or even a small mirror ) as examples

Thanks Freddie, am I looking for just a little high light on the top or back of the head?

regards

John

Try one of the same bulbs you are using in the ring for a hair light. Use a snoot or some other type of modifier to keep too much light from spilling around the subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back