portraits

omalley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jmomalley.com
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum and would like to introduce myself. The work I usually do is of the 'fine art' variety (www.jmomalley.com is my website) and am getting into portraits/headshots as a way to get income. I am currently building a portfolio, and here are some shots I've taken. Please give me your opinions.
Andrea 1.jpg

Andrea 2.jpg

Andrea 3.jpg

Andrea 4.jpg

Andrea 5.jpg

Might be a dumb question, but why do you persist in cutting off the top of her head? It's clearly intentional and you do it in every shot. I find it a tad frustrating to be honest.

Otherwise, the shots are great. I like the lighting, although it certainly is not usual "studio lighting" - I particularly like the 4th shot. Nice work.

The captures look nice and natural. I like most of the crops with the top of the head missing but not all of them. Post more and I will check out your site soon.

Eric

2Stupid2Duck said:
...why do you persist in cutting off the top of her head? ...I find it a tad frustrating to be honest.
...I like the lighting, although it certainly is not usual "studio lighting" Nice work.

My thoughts exactly, Duckie!
Actually, my dad taught me this as a mistake, i.e. to crop the top of a person's head off, but then he taught me what HE felt was right, not was GENERALLY is right (for there is no GENERAL right or wrong) - but I still live with his teachings, can't seem to shake them off easily...

All in all I like the lighting VERY MUCH!
If only I could do people's photography.... *wistful*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back