Post processing landscapes

@ mrcfarms: Thanks for comments. As I thought, I have gone too far with contrast and gradient underexposure in no.2

@ kmh: Ooo, I like what you did there... not too much editing, but still much better than the original.

@ Petrario Prime: Thank you for the opinion. I know I am far from taking perfect shots and am very much aware these aren't "wow", so would appreciate if you could give an example of a good landscape by your opinion. (I love this photographer's portfolio Matjaz Krivic - Photographer - also a slovenian :)) But for such photos you gotta be a pro and take your time to wait for the perfect light. In my case this wasn't an option, as photograpy was not the prime consideration at my trip. Attractive landscape + bad weather? Better luck next time :(

@DennyCrane: I might have made them a bit warmer, than they should be (I was shooting in RAW).

@Clanthar: I was using LR. Thanks for the information about histogram... I'll try to keep an eye on it in future

@timlair: I'm glad you like them. Go ahead, I can even send you the full sized image, if you want.

@dxqcanada: Yes, the polariser was on.

Most large bookstores have photography sections where one can find large-format photography books, many of which are of landscape work. There is such an abundance of this kind of photography that it boggles the mind.

Landscapes have always been of interest to me. I like to leave them as much as I saw them when possible. Since you couldn't wait for the optimum light, editing was the next best thing. In #2 I think the sky is too dark. Especially on the right side of the frame. I'd probably like to see a little less color added to the ground. I like the edit of #3. The thing with #3 is the rocks in the foreground aren't tack sharp as they need to be. Dominant objects in the foreground need to be tack sharp to really work, IMO.

:thumbup:

tankcopy-3.jpg

:mrgreen:
Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back