Post Processing out ChainLink Fence

matpoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took some pics the other day at a local softball game and got some great shots, but at this particular field there is no way to get a shot over/around/between the fence. Got some good shots, but every shot has the silly chain link fence in it somehow. When I got up close and tried to shoot through it, there is always a "diamond" of blur around the outside of the pic. If I moved back, it took forever to get the focus exact, but the fence is still there and the blur moves through the majority of the pic. Any suggestions? I could post a pic if that helps.

Not much you can do about it; you could try cloning it out, but that would be a long, painful process. My suggestion would be to get back, keep it as soft as possible and focus manually.

1 in a 100 chance but have you tried a tight color range on it?

Edit: never mind that was before my coffee, best chance I can think of right now is a very long lens -300mm+

I would forget about trying to post process - far too much work involved. Get as close as possible to the fence and use the widest aperture you can and shoot through one of the diamonds. This may be enough to make the chain link nearly 'invisible' though you will have some blur around the edges. The reason that focussing took so long when you you were further back from the fence was probably because the camera was alternating between focussing on the subject and the fence.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back